Monday, May 18, 2015

The Cokeville Miracle Movie Review

I was invited to a screening of The Cokeville Miracle and I wasn't really sure what to expect. The movie description sounded pretty intense so I was intrigued.

"From T.C. Christensen comes The Cokeville Miracle, the remarkable true story of a town facing a terrible tragedy, and the Sheriff’s investigator who struggles with his faith as he gathers evidence that defies easy explanation. ... Cokeville Wyoming, a town of just over 500 people that sits near the Utah-Idaho border, is not known for much beyond it’s strong family values, but in 1986 Cokeville made national headlines when a madman and his wife entered the elementary school with guns and bomb. They gathered over 100 children and teachers into a small room, and made a demand: $200 million dollars for the lives of the children—but then the bomb went off…"

Here is the movie trailer so you really get the feel for what I  mean:




The first half of the movie was incredibly suspenseful.  I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, hoping the teachers would sense something was wrong, that someone would stop what was happening.  I didn't cry, though, until the phone calls started going out to the parents about what was happening to their children at the school since that would be my worst nightmare as a mother.

The second half of the movie was so emotional and touching.  This movie has a message that everyone should see and hear.  At my screening there were three survivors in attendance and it definitely brought a whole new dimension to my thoughts on what happened in Cokeville when I saw and heard what they personally had survived.

The Cokeville Miracle will be released nationwide on June 5th and it should be on your must-see movie list.  It's one you'll think about long after you've left the theater.

Click here for the official Cokeville Miracle webpage with more links and information on the movie.


2 comments:

Debra Erfert said...

I remember hearing about it a long time ago. My son was just a baby, then, and I couldn't imagine that nightmare. Of course the news did not report the miraculous events that happened. I hope it comes to our theater. I want to see it.

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

I think you'll love it, Debra. I'm interested to hear what you think!