Monday, March 2, 2015

Book Review: To My Friends



Today I'm excited to tell you about Jeffrey R. Holland's book, To My Friends. It's a beautifully bound book that has little vignettes on different topics that really spoke to me. As you all know, I'm really trying to incorporate more peace in my life and I definitely found the inspiration for achieving that in between the pages.

The entire time I was reading this book I heard Jeffrey Holland's voice in my head. If you've ever heard him speak, he has a voice that reverberates through your soul.  I loved the counsel he gives in this book.  In a time where there is chaos and fear all around us, I liked the peace and foundational principles this book gives like truly being a friend, truly wanting to change things in your life, truly wanting to find happiness.  The topics are timely and really touched my heart in a powerful way. It's so hard to describe, you'll just have to get your own copy so you can experience it yourself.

This is a go-to book that I know I will keep on my bedside table whenever I need a little inspiration. It really was like having a personal little chat with him. (Wouldn't that be a life-changing experience to have that opportunity in real life?)

You can download it here for $13.49

Here's the back copy:

If you need a burden lifted, I want you to imagine I am in a personal, private, closed-door chat with you. I want to help you if I can." With those words, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland invites every reader of his latest book to become a friend, to receive instruction and encouragement, counsel and comfort.

Elder Holland addresses these powerful messages "to my friends who love the Lord," "to my friends who want to change," "to my friends who face opposition," and more. Each chapter begins with a beautifully designed quotation to help convey the message in an artistic way, making the book a lovely gift for friends to share. Throughout, Elder Holland's powerful witness of the Savior shines through, for, as he writes, "I am grateful for the greatest friend any of us could ever have, in time or eternity, the Lord Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

Debra Erfert said...

I can totally hear his voice, even reading the description.

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

I know, right? It's awesome.