Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Word Count Wednesday and JumpStart Check-In

Well, now I'm cranky.  I've been fighting with Blogger all morning because for some unknown reason it won't let me log in and I've gone the rounds to even make it this far. 

And to top it off, I've only revised/edited a chapter a day this week, instead of the two chapters a day that I wanted. 

That makes for a cranky Julie.  :(

In order to offset my crankiness, I thought it might be fun to have a writing sprint tonight for all my writing friends.  If you're interested, then I will be writing/revising/editing from 9:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. MST tonight. (If you don't know what sprinting is, it's just working on your writing whether it's getting down words or editing or whatever as fast as you can in a specified time period.  And it's fun to have friends doing it with you!)

I'm going to be here on the blog, talking in the comments, but I'll also be over on Twitter if you want to come chat while we sprint, or shake pompoms, cheer, whatever.  My twitter handle is @juliebellon

I think this will be fun!  I hope you'll all come if you can.

How are you doing on your JumpStart monthly and weekly goal?  Are you making progress?

7 comments:

Debra Erfert said...

This week I wrote over my goal of an hour a day, which was what I had hoped I'd do. It makes me feel like I can get through this manuscript in good order.

I've written 10,051 as of this morning, (since last Wednesday) for a total of 25,600 words. I'm about 1/3 of my way to the end.

I could do the sprinting thing, but I can't Tweet while doing it if I want to get any writing done. :)

Janice Sperry said...

I think I'm about halfway to my 5000 word goal for the week. I always forget to write down previous word counts so I can't be sure.

I wish I could participate in your spree but I can't. My singing group is meeting tonight. Singing is one thing that keeps me sane(ish). I need something to break up the monotony of being home all day with the dirty laundry. I'll try and squeeze some time in after dinner to do it anyway.

~T~ said...

2,436 words. Moving right along!

Melanie Goldmund said...

Well, I'm doing well on the first half of my monthly goal, which is to finish this story that I'm working on. I've got back two critiques from two beta readers, and I'm making the necessary changes now. I vaguely remember setting a weekly goal to come up with a new story idea, and that's also the other half of my monthly goals, but that's not going so well, as I can only think of this story at the moment. But we still have a few days, right?

I'll have to see if I can get up early enough to join you for at least part of the sprint. I have no problems getting up at five a.m., though I like to have a shower and eat before I start writing. We'll see!

Jon Spell said...

I have done about 2000 words since the start of the month, so I'm pretty happy with that. In general, I'm having fun writing it, so it is an overall good thing. The end is still not in sight, but that's ok. Life's a journey, not a destination, right?

I might be able to sprint with you a little bit between 9 and 10, that's usually around dinner time. (Yes, we're weird. I know.)

rebecca h jamison said...

I've been doing awesome, but having the kids home all day has slowed me down a little. I'm still meeting my goal of writing an hour a day. I think I did about 1000-2000 this week. I can't remember.

C. Michelle Jefferies said...

My goal was to write a chapter a day. I wrote ten of them. Granted two are two page chapters that will get have to get fleshed out later on but the skeleton is there. I didn't find a baby sitter and will not be going to the conference and the writers event was cancled. so those were disapointing. but I wrote something.