Tuesday, January 9, 2018

The Highest High and the Lowest Low---In One Day!

I did a school visit today where I talked to adorable fourth graders about being an author, finding your voice, and telling the story inside of you. It was so amazing! The kids were so animated and excited. I love talking to children and feeling their energy about the possibilities all around them when they grow up. We even built our own story on the character, villain, setting, and problem-to-be-solved foundation that was super fun. There were some incredible imaginations at work! I was so happy as I drove home.

I stopped to run an errand afterward and while in the parking lot, I got in my very first fender bender. The adrenaline was racing through me as we waited for the police. No one was hurt, thank goodness, but it was definitely an event I won't soon forget. Talk about going from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows!

The regularly scheduled blog won't happen today and I hope you understand. I am going to gather myself and try again tomorrow!

No comments: