Thursday, June 16, 2016

Spotted In The Wild Of The Library

As you all know, we do a Bellon family summer book club and when I walked into the library, I was surprised to see this:



I have to admit I was excited to see it. I love libraries. I love their purpose, not only for entertainment, but for leveling the playing field and making knowledge available to everyone.

One of the best features for my city library is they offer Kindle books. I get to download them and then three weeks later they disappear off my Kindle. No late fees! Since most of the time my late fees could probably pay for a new wing in the library (I know, I know, I'm working on that) this is a nice perk for me.

Really, the library has a lot of nice perks. They have exploration backpacks for kids (like one is filled with astronomy things and a telescope so we can look at the stars together, things like that) and we love all their reading programs for my preschoolers all the way up to teens and even me! There are so many awesome finds at the library. But seeing my book highlighted on their new fiction shelf front and center was one of the best ones ever!

Have you visited your local library lately?

No comments: