Wednesday, June 1, 2016

My Book Is A Finalist! And What Am I Reading Wednesday



I found out today that my novel, The Captive, is a RONE award finalist for Best Suspense! I'm so excited! The winners will be announced in October, but it's such an honor to be a finalist. Woohoo!

Today I want to tell you about The McCarran Collection by Liz Adair. I am a big fan of Liz's writing and this one is no exception. If you love mysteries, you have to pick up her books!

This one starts out with a woman named Bridget getting her first archivist job. She's going to archive the mining documents at the historic McCarran house. After being greeted by a quirky woman and an off-road racer, things get ever more strange when Bridget gets caught up in a murder and protecting an innocent child from a drug cartel. There are so many unexpected twists and turns in this book, there really isn't a good place to stop! I couldn't put it down.

I loved the main character, Bridget, and how she's trying so hard to reconcile her past and have the future she's always dreamed of. I admit, when the book first started, I didn't think she'd end up with the guy she ended up with! Ben is the crazy good-looking guy who's attracted to Bridget, but Lew McCarran is unassuming and quiet, yet there's a lot going on behind those eyes. Which guy is best for her? I have to admit, there are some fantastic heart-tugging moments that will have you cheering for the couple who ends up together. I can't give away any spoilers, but I really loved the ending. Not to mention the gorgeous setting! This book has just the right mix of intrigue and romance. It's definitely going on my keeper shelf!

Here's the back copy:

Bridget Olasfson, a beautiful archivist hiding secrets, comes to Utah's brilliant red rock country to catalog the McCarran Collection. Though she's sworn off men in her life, she’s attracted to Ben, the bad-boy, off-road racing McCarran cousin. But it’s Lew McCarran, the tall, quiet cousin, she turns to when she finds herself caught up in a dangerous intrigue involving a lost boy, a drug cartel, and death. What will she do when the only way to save the boy is to give up the man she loves?

Part romance, part cozy mystery, part thriller, The McCarran Collection is, last of all, a novel about family ties.

You can get your copy here 

No comments: