Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Word Count Wednesday

Well, since I've been sick in bed for what feels like forever, I didn't get any writing done. I thought about it. But then I was wishing for death from the sickness I had, so the writing thoughts went away.

I did read three books, though. One of them was a big departure in books I normally read and it has really stuck with me. I've been thinking about it all day. In fact, I may do a review of it tomorrow and share some of my questions/thoughts/reactions.  (It's called Above by Isla Morley).

Anyway, if you have any good writing news or want to share how you did in your word count this week, please do! Jokes are also welcome. :)

3 comments:

Debra Erfert said...

I got in 2,141 words this week. I looked back at when I started writing this work. January! We're in June. This has to be the longest it's taken me to finish a book. I'm not getting enough writing time, and I'm getting frustrated!

I'm sorry you're still sick. Is it the flu? Try sleeping instead of reading. Rest, stay hydrated, and keep up your calories--if you're able to eat.

Jon Spell said...

Would a chocolate shake help? Or a limited-time fresh strawberry shake from Taco Amigo? Mmmmmm.

Some jokes stolen shamelessly from Reddit.

I'm terrified of elevators. I may have to start taking steps to avoid them.

It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

A Photon checks into a hotel and the bellhop asks him if he has any luggage. The Photon replies, "No I'm traveling light."

Did you hear about those new corduroy pillows? They're making headlines.

Two antennas meet on a roof and fall in love. The wedding wasn't much but the reception was excellent.

Q: What is brown and sticky?
A: A stick.

People often accuse me of "stealing others jokes" and being "a plagiarist". Their words not mine...

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Debra, thanks for the advice. And congrats on the word count! I am with you on frustration in finishing a book. It's going to get better. Or I hope it does anyway.

Jon, sadly I haven't been able to enjoy food, but I'm finally getting better and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you SO MUCH for the jokes. Made my day! :)