Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Word Count Wednesday

Well, critique group was highly motivating.  My partners pointed out a plot hole and gave me an idea for adding a characteristic to a character that will really resonate with readers.  So I've been busy changing, adding, and editing.  I only added 3834 words, but I'm really excited about the changes.

The best thing about being in the throes of a new manuscript is that my desk seems to be more organized and I walk a lot which helps in my weight loss efforts.  I get all my best ideas on a treadmill, so when I'm stuck, I go walk, and voila! the problem is fixed as I walk and walk and walk.  (Now I have that pioneer children song running through my head, haha!)

I also sit in my desk chair and think through character issues while I'm "tidying" up my desk.  So, you can imagine how awesome it is for me to get out of my own head and look down to see a very clean desk.  Or a shrinking waistline.  I love writing! I love being a writer!  (Okay, well, today I do, anyway.)  *grin*

How did you do this week?

3 comments:

Debra Erfert said...

Ah!!! I'm on a diet too! For all of a month now, but it's something, right? It's basically the South Beach diet--you know, cut out the sugars and starches. No white breads and pastas. It's going well. I've lost nearly 14 pounds in nearly 5 weeks of not being 100% loyal to it. Anyway…

This week my word count isn't that great. Only 1,914 words since last Wednesday. Of course, we were out of town for the majority of the time helping with a wedding--and I am sooooo glad that is O.V.E.R! We got my daughter-in-law's sister married off to a gentleman who is as sweet as he is handsome.

I'm glad about your WIP and the help your group is giving you. You do know that it's killing me not being able to read it. Yeah…

By the way, what is the name of the bad guy that you're going to replace?

mooderino said...

Feeling good about writing makes a big difference. A little sunshine also helps (although not much of that over here).

mood
Moody Writing

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Debra, the name was Dennis. Haha! I guess it didn't sound assassin-like. And you know I'll be bugging you to read this ms soon enough! :)

Mooderino, that is the truth! What is it about a sunny day that makes me feel so happy and writerly inside? :)