Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Word Count Wednesday and I'm Having a Moment

First of all, if you are a Dancing With the Stars fan, could you believe last night?  Katherine and Mark were robbed.  They totally deserved that trophy.  *sigh*

But guess what?  After two months of whining, complaining, wrangling, thinking, and rewriting, I am writing the ENDING of my novel. Like right now.  I'm typing this blog right in the middle of a really cool confrontation of my protag and antag and we're all wondering what's going to happen because there's a bomb and a gun and some serious hate.  Man, I love being a writer today.

And guess what else?  Yesterday I fixed the beginning so it will go with the ending.  I am SO PSYCHED at almost being done with this book.  What if I write The End today?  That would be incredible.

So my word count yesterday was all editing stuff and I only added 684 words, but it was all worth it and for a good cause.  So I can be done with this puppy and move on to the two other projects that are yelling at me.

*happy dance*  *high-fives all my readers* So, yeah, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout people.  *busts a move*  *hurts self*  *sits back down to write*

How did you do this week?

7 comments:

Melanie Goldmund said...

I didn't keep track of how many words I wrote, but I finished my short story and sent it off to my first beta reader for comments, then edited it accordingly. I'm really excited that the first draft is finished and I can move on to improving it. I'm also excited (and a little worried) about the prospect of actually submitting it to a paying market later.

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Melanie, that's awesome! I'm so happy for you. We both have some great news to celebrate I think. :)

~T~ said...

I had some extra time to myself on Monday, so I put in 3,024 words this week.

Janice Sperry said...

I'm kind of in limbo right now. I have one MS on the desk of an acquisitions editor (I know it's there because I talked to her at Storymakers. Tapping fingernails on keyboard. Checking email. Nothing there but spam.) And my other MS is in the hands of a brand new beta reader. (Tapping fingernails on keyboard. Checking email. Deleting spam. Ooh, I have a book waiting for me at the library.) I have a lot of projects I've kind of started so naturally I started a brand new one. 2,246 words.

rebecca h jamison said...

I did at least 4500 words this week, which is really good for me. My daughter had her big dance, so I was up early and stayed up late writing.

Congrats on figuring out your ending. That sounds fun.

Jordan McCollum said...

I've been focused on reading and research this week, and also critting an MS for a friend, so I've only edited two chapters so far. Oh, and incorporated the feedback from crit group last week.

So . . . *two* projects?

Debra Erfert said...

Yay!! I hope you achieve your "end" goal today.

I've written 7,465 words since last week, putting me over 10K on this new story--barely beginning, but I can see exactly where it's going. I'd love to have a solid month of nothing else to do but sit behind my commuter and write. No house cleaning, no laundry, no cooking, no phone ringing, no drama of any kind... yeah, like thats going to happen.