Thursday, June 7, 2018

Hanging Out With Carla Kelly


I was lucky to have award-winning historical author Carla Kelly as the guest author at my book club. (And Heather Moore came along as well! Love her!)

Carla had such an amazing writing journey to share. I loved hearing about how she got her start and what her writing process is. Carla is one of my favorite writers because of her ability to pull her readers into the story and I wasn't surprised to hear how meticulously she researches. She spent over two years researching mines before she wrote My Loving Vigil Keeping! She talked about how invested she is in those characters and I was thinking of how truly invested I was as well when I read that book. She brought her brand new book, One Step Enough, the sequel to My Loving Vigil Keeping and I can't wait to start reading!

Carla was so gracious and did a quick interview for us. I'll be posting that video soon!

You can find out more about Carla at her website here

2 comments:

Heidi Reads... said...

Jealous!!! Can't wait to see the video!

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

I hope you liked the video! Carla is amazing.