Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Bellon Family Summer Book Club


Every summer I do a Bellon Family Book Club. Each child reads a book of their choosing and they write me a little paragraph about it. Then, we go to an ice cream shop, they pick out their favorite flavor, and we get a table to discuss our books while we eat our ice cream.

I love the time I get to spend with them hearing about their thoughts on the book. I have so many memories of just the animation in their faces when they tell me about their favorite parts or what they felt at the end. I wouldn't miss this experience for the world!

My seven-year-old is really loving The Great Brain books right now and it is so fun to see his face when he reads of some of the experiences the brothers have. That's going to be his book club choice for most of the summer I'll bet and I've already got a smile on my face thinking about what he'll tell us in our book club meeting.

Do you do a summer book club? What is your family reading?

No comments: