Friday, December 30, 2016

My Writing Year In Review And What's Ahead

This past year has been really productive in my writing career and I thought it would be fun to take a little look back:


In May my romantic suspense, The Captain, was released. This novel received the Crowned Heart for Excellence from InD'Tale Magazine and got a really great review from Meridian Magazine that said it was a difficult book to put down. This book was nominated for a Whitney Award, too, so I was excited about that.


In June, my novella, Forget Me Not (Hostage Negotiation Team #3.5) was released. It was fun to revisit my Hostage Negotiation team again. I sort of miss them!


In November, my first romance novel, Love's Broken Road was released and so far the reviews have been wonderful. It was also nominated for a Whitney Award! Today I received a letter from a woman whose daughter had been in an abusive marriage and how much this book had touched them. I know I will keep that letter forever and I'm so glad she took the time to write to me!




In December, the Christmas anthology I'm a part of, Under the Mistletoe, hit #1 on Amazon and I was #32 Most Popular Romance Author on Amazon. It was so fun to see those stats during my Christmas season and for just one day to be more popular than Nicholas Sparks. :)



And last week I revealed the cover for my new novel coming in March, The Capture (Griffin Force #3). I'm so excited for this one!

It's been a wonderful year for me and my writing and I'm so grateful to have the support of readers like you. I can't wait for 2017! In addition to The Capture, I'll also be releasing the second book in my romance series, and all of my novellas will finally be available in paperback! Hooray!

So, at the end of this year and looking forward to the next, I'll throw some confetti and wish you all HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

No comments: