Thursday, July 17, 2014

The ARCs Have Flown the Nest!

It was an exciting day for me.  The ARCs (Advance Reading Copy) of my new book, Ring Around the Rosie, have gone out!

I honestly didn't know if this day was going to come.  This have been one of the toughest manuscripts I've ever produced because I realized that when my life has emotional turmoil in it, my creative juices dry up. Like the Sahara. And yeah, I had a lot of emotional turmoil in the last six months. Thankfully I seem to be on the other side of it now, *knock on wood* and I learned a lot of valuable lessons about my life and my writing and where my limits are.

I do have to say thank you to my critique group Jordan McCollum and Emily Clawson for being my shoulders to cry on and my cheerleading section to get this book done.  Also, Jon and Debra, you guys were amazing beta readers and I am so grateful for your patience in helping me get this manuscript off the ground! I have the best fans and friends in the world.  Seriously.

So, fans and friends, I'm glad you've all stuck with me and been so patient.  I think this is one of my best books ever and I can't wait for you all to read it.

What are you reading this summer?  Any good books?  Any ARCs?

1 comment:

Debra Erfert said...

Like the Sahara? Now that's dry! But evidently, not so dry you can't produce a fabulous book, like Ring Around the Rosie! Haha! Got it! Can't wait to be able to post that review on Amazon. When will it be up?