Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Word Count Wednesday

I remembered one of the reasons why I started writing.  I watched TV shows and movies that had horrible endings,(in my opinion) so I wrote stories that had endings that I could enjoy.

I know I've told the story before about how I was watching Return of the Jedi in the movie theater, totally loving all the action and the tension with Han and Leia, but I was so disappointed in the ending. That party with the ewoks should have been Han and Leia's wedding.  Sigh.  I went home and rewrote it how I thought it should have ended and just kept on with writing stories of my own.

Recently I've been rewatching a TV series that has another difficult ending for me.  I am so tempted to rewrite it to how I think it should have ended, just so I can have some sense of closure (and maybe a bit more romance, haha!)

So, how does this equate to my word count you ask?  It's motivating me to want to get this story out.  I like how my books end and I know the captain's story (and the ending to the Hostage Negotiation Team series) is going to be awesome if I can just get it down on paper and out of my head.

I got 1200 words this week.  How did you do?

2 comments:

Debra Erfert said...

I didn't get a whole lot of writing done this past week. I was sicker than the previous week, and I spent much of my time blowing my nose and trying to breathe. Writing, or doing anything else really, wasn't high on my list of things to do. But…somehow I did write 1,853 words on my WIP, and that was done pretty much yesterday. I'm a thinkin' this is going to be a longer book than my others have been. *giggles* Not that I mind.

Just so you know, I am pretty much over my cold. Completely off the DayQuil Extreme, and down to only one Kleenex at a time when blowing my schnoz. Oh, what a relief it is!

I agree, that party the ewoks threw would've been a terrific wedding for Han and Leia. I never thought about rewriting the endings to movies that I was dissatisfied with. Very creative. I just wrote a sequel to a movie, which I guess you could look at as my changing the ending of the previous movie. In a way, we both got launched into the writing world for the same reason.

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Dang, even sick you beat me on word count. I am glad you're feeling better my friend. Next week, though, I'm going to beat you! *shakes fist*