Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Word Count Wednesday

Well, in a little snafu of my own making, the self-editing post I'd written for Jordan McCollum's Secret Sauce series was posted today.  I thought it might not have been what she was looking for and that it wasn't going to be posted, so I posted the first third of it on the blog yesterday.  But then today it was posted!  So, if you want to see my secret sauce on self-editing in its entirety you can click over to Jordan's blog here

It has been a great writing week, although I've changed the ending events twice and so I haven't quite finished this work in progress.  I am hoping to do so this weekend, though.  I added just over 2000 words, deleted those and added 1500 more.  Haha.

How did you do this week?

(I will be sprinting tonight at the regular time 8 p.m.  I hope you can join me!)

4 comments:

Debra Erfert said...

I read your self-editing post over on Jordan's blog. It was terrific!

I wrote just under 700 words on my WIP this week, but I didn't write any new scenes, just filled in some old scenes that I had written in a hurry but had wanted to go back later to fix. Well, this week was that time, I guess. My total is 8772 words, and my target goal is closer to 80,000. I think. I really won't know until I'm writing the final chapters and trying to pull all the threads together.

I'll set my alarm for a quarter of seven and sprint with you, Julie. I never write more than 1,000 words in that hour, but that's okay. It's fun, anyway.

Janice Sperry said...

It's back to school night. Hopefully we'll be back in time for me to sprint. Wednesdays have been incredibly busy for the last few months.

I hope to finish editing something so I can move on to the next. It's not the one I plan to query on, so I put it on the back burner. I will get it done. :)

Jon Spell said...

I need to figure out how to increase my word count on these sprints. Let me call up Lance Armstrong, see if he can hook me up with a supplier.

Lisa said...

I'm closing in on the end of this wip and am almost starting to get excited.