Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I Won a RONE Award for Best Suspense Novel of 2012!

Last Friday at the Romance Novel Convention there was a RONE award ceremony.  You might remember back in May it was announced I was a finalist and I was SO excited.  I didn't actually think I would win once I saw the other finalists, but I was thrilled to be included on the list.

I knew I wasn't going to be able to be in attendance because I was going to be out of the country, so I asked my friend Jewel Adams to accept the award for me in case I won.  I even wrote an acceptance speech just in case, but I felt silly doing it because I thought it would all be for naught anyway.  Here's what I wrote:

"I am thrilled to have won this award and I am so sorry I couldn’t be there in person.  Thank you to my friend Jewel Adams for accepting on my behalf. 

First of all, I’d like to salute my fellow nominees for their dedication and hard work that elevates our genre.  Thank you!  I’d like to also thank all those involved with the RONE awards for their hard work¾the judges, the fans who voted, and everyone at InD’Tale magazine, especially their reviewers and staff.  I’m so grateful to my critique group, Jordan McCollum and Emily Clawson who made All Fall Down a better book, to all my beta readers and cheerleaders who helped me get it done, and to my fans who have supported my writing for so many years.  I have the best fans in the world!  I’d also like to thank my family, my husband Brian and my eight children.  I could never do any of this without you and I’m so grateful for your support in everything I do.  I love you all more than words could ever say. 

This award means so much to me.  Writers are nothing without readers, so I definitely share this award with everyone who reads and enjoys my books.  I hope you all find a new author to try and a great book to read tonight.  Thank you all!"

So, I was sitting in my son's hospital room late last Friday night (he was taken by ambulance to the hospital that morning for a collapsed lung) when suddenly a tweet came through from Heather Moore congratulating me on my win.  I couldn't believe it and asked her if she was serious.  She was!  I WON!  Then Annette Lyon tweeted me and confirmed it as well. Thanks you two! I still can't believe it.  I won Best Suspense Novel of 2012 for All Fall Down. 

Here is a picture of the award:


It's not a great picture of it because hospital room tables are small and I didn't take a pic of me holding it yet because I look frightful, but I will.  When things are normal again.  I just couldn't wait to share my happy news with you all because I think the nurses are sick of hearing about it.  Haha.  So, YAY!  Thank you RONE award people and InD'Tale magazine and all my bloggy friends.  You are awesome.

6 comments:

~T~ said...

Congratulations! Not every hospital room has a decoration like that.

mooderino said...

That's fantastic news. Well done and big congratulations.

mood

Jewel's Gems said...

I was glad to do it, Julie, and you deserved it:-)

Charlie Moore said...

Very nice, Julie. An awesome accomplishment. More importantly, I hope your son is doing well.

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Thanks T, mood, Jewel and Charlie. You guys are so sweet to me. :)

Debra Erfert said...

That is so awesome. But I didn't see anywhere in your speech "You like me, you really like me!" Ah, well. Next time. Can't wait to see the pic of you (with your hair fixed, and lipstick in place, of course) holding your totally wicked award.