Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Word Count Wednesday



Before we talk about Word Count Wednesday, I am so thrilled to tell you about some of the book reviews that are coming in for Ribbon of Darkness. I’m listing their links here so if you’re interested you can go see what everyone is saying!

Laurie Lewis did an in-depth review and said that, “with topics pulled straight from today’s headlines, “Ribbon of Darkness” is a satisfying read for adults, and a safe read to hand off to their teens, and better yet, it would make a perfect family read.”

You can read the entire review here

Mary Walker reviewed it and said, “Ribbon of Darkness by Julie Coulter Bellon is a fast moving international thriller involving terrorists, pirates, bombs and a promise of romance.”

You can read the entire review here

Debra Erfert said, “RIBBON OF DARNESS receives 5 STARS for suspense, excellent writing, and tender, sweet romance.”

You can read the complete review here

And of course Jennie Hansen’s review in Meridian Magazine where she called it an intriguing thriller with a rapid-fire plot. That link is here

I just feel so grateful to everyone who has taken the time to read my book and give me feedback about it. I appreciate all the effort and I hope you know that. Thank you so much!

Now on to Word Count Wednesday. I have to admit that it was a little tougher to fit writing in this week. However, I did manage 890 words. At this point, any words at all are almost a miracle, so I’m glad I can at least post that I did something. (In other news, my mom came through her surgery and is doing well, my basement is clean and almost ready for new carpet, and my kids are ready for school! Yay!) So, no chocolate for me this week since I was under a thousand words. Next week for sure!

How did you do this week?

6 comments:

Melanie Goldmund said...

Well, after thinking last week that my story idea might not fit in the 5000 words that I had imagined, I temporarily lost heart and didn't work on it for a while. But when I couldn't come up with a better idea, I went back to it and wrote 412 words last night. So, not a lot to celebrate here, either.

Charlie Moore said...

Maybe you should treat yourself, Julie. Nothing wrong with family coming first. I haven't been in a writing mood lately, but am trying to re-motivate myself. Two current WIP's and I wrote about 300-400 words on one of them.

Charlie

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Charlie, you're right, we should celebrate all the babysteps toward our goal. I mean, we're one step closer, right? Thanks for the reminder.

So, Melanie, maybe we won't break out the truffles, but perhaps M&Ms are more our speed this week? ;)

Thanks you guys!

Debra Erfert said...

I'm glad your mother is okay. I hate surgery. I hate hospitals period.

I didn't get any real writing done this week, not even on my stupid summary. But I have high hopes . . . okay, not so high. In fact, they're dwindling as the days go by. What the heck is so hard about writing a summary? Huh?

I sooo need a bag full of peanut M&Ms.

Stephanie Black said...

I've had a word count of zero for weeks now :) But I did do final edits and final proofing, so that counts, right?

I was bribing myself with See's chocolates and it was working really well until the craziness of vacation, girls camp, and editing hit. I finally just had to hand out the remaining chocolates (taking some for myself, of course :), because they were going bad in the heat (we don't have air conditioning). I think it won't be until I get home from taking my girls to BYU that I'll get any new writing done! Then I'll buy a new box of chocolates!

Congrats on the great reviews!! That's awesome. And I'm so glad to hear your mother is doing well.

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Sounds like we're all making a little bit of progress. It was a busy week for everyone!

Okay, if we all lived closer I'd pass around the candy bowl. So, go get yourselves some M&Ms and we'll keep our online word support group alive and kicking!

(Stephanie, I've never tried See's. Sounds like it's a good motivator. I'll have to try some!) :)