Monday, May 1, 2023

A Good Kind of Tired


 As you all know I've been the PTA President of my son's elementary school this year. Today was the first day of Teacher Appreciation Week and I've been planning this for so long! I had gift cards, mini-bread and jam, and a lunch from Olive Garden delivered to their classroom.

But there were a few snags. I was stressed because the food was late to be delivered. I was trying to coordinate a student activity that didn't turn out how I'd imagined. And the Thank You Teachers banner I got turned out to be a little smaller than it looked in the picture. 

It wasn't perfect. But I had a teacher tell me that she'd had a really hard day today with her students and she sat at her desk and just ate the mini-bread loaf without cutting it, dipping it in the jam. She said it was her "comfort" food today and she'd really needed that. Suddenly all the little snags didn't matter anymore. I'd made a teacher's day better and that's what the entire week is supposed to be about. It just made me feel good.

What are some things that make you feel appreciated?

No comments: