Tuesday, November 3, 2020

A Sneak Peek At My Christmas Story


I've been playing around with images today. This isn't the book cover, but I like the feeling of this picture. What do you think of the title? 

And for all your help so far (on Facebook, Instagram, and the blog), here's a little peek from The Captain's Christmas Promise:

Colt pulled her to his chest, his hand rubbing a half circle on her back. “I about lost a year off my life seeing them pull guns on you. I thought we left all that behind in Afghanistan." He rested his chin lightly on the top of her head. "You were only on Canadian soil for fifteen minutes.”

“Are you saying I attract trouble?” Brenna closed her eyes and slowly inhaled, enjoying being in his arms. 
“Need I remind you who got you out of trouble while we were on operations?” She leaned back slightly to look in his face and raised her eyebrows.

“No, I freely admit it was you.” He bent to give her a quick kiss on the lips. "But I'll happily volunteer to keep you out of any and all trouble for the rest of the trip. The only catch is that you'll have to stay within arms-length of me at all times."

She laughed, sliding her fingers down his bicep before she took his hand. “Okay, deal, But we better get on the road. I don't want to be trying to find this place at midnight."

No comments: