Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Do You Love the Dentist?


So, my dentist recommended that I get an older crown replaced. It would be a simple procedure, he said, just take the old one off and put a new one on. Easy, peasy, right?

I went yesterday morning for the appointment and when I got there, they put me in the chair, with a pillow under my head, and offered me one of the softest blankets I've ever felt. I was super comfortable for being in a dentist chair and thinking, oh, this might not be so bad.

I was wrong. They had to numb me because the older crown wasn't coming off easily. (I should have known. I never have good luck with stuff like that.) They ended up having to cut it off. The new crown was placed, but my jaw was so sore yesterday and is still sore today. I do love my dentist, but dental work is the worst, especially when it doesn't go as planned!

How much do you love going to the dentist? Is it no big deal for you?

No comments: