Monday, August 5, 2019

My Little Classroom Library


My daughter is a sixth grade teacher and I've been helping her set up her classroom library. It has been a fun little project for me!

I went with the theme, Wild About Reading, and I've been collecting pillows, blankets, and a rug with cheetah, giraffe, and elephant fabrics. I even found elephant bookends! The biggest thing of course, is the books, and I have been scouring all the thrift stores to find some series and books that sixth graders might like to read. I scored some real finds! But there is never enough, you know? Stocking a library is harder than it sounds!

But I have been having way too much fun. (And I brought a shelf's worth home of books for my own kids! Which means I need to make some room. LOL)

For me, though, as a former teacher, an author, and a mother of eight, sharing books is one of my favorite things in the whole world. Working on this little library in my daughter's classroom has warmed my heart because I know there will be students who will discover a new series or author and their eyes will light up as they step into that story.

And that makes it all worth it.

No comments: