Monday, August 12, 2019

My Favorite Spy Show Alias


I've been re-watching my favorite spy show Alias with my son and his wife. We finished the series finale tonight and I admit, I loved watching Sydney and Vaughn again. I love that the show stayed true to their romance and we got our happy ending.

Of course Seasons one, two, and three are my favorites where we are being set up for a lot of big reveals and unraveling the msyteries of Rambaldi. I love that the writers made even the most unbelievable plots believable. It was fun to see Sydney attending college one day only to be recovering Rambaldi artifacts in the Antarctic the next day. Her relationships with her father and mother were complicated, her interactions with co-workers were so believable and, of course, her chemistry with Vaughn was off the charts. It had it all in the character department and was a really fun spy show. I really, really wish they would do a reboot of it. The series finale definitely left that door open.

Did you watch Alias? Do you have an old series favorite that you like to watch over and over?

No comments: