Thursday, July 25, 2013

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

Well, my sister is gone now, but I'm having a hard time getting back into my writing rhythm.  Which is bad news because I'm supposed to have my first ten chapters ready for my critique group in six days.  Yikes.

I did have one wonderful writing thing happen to me this week. I got a fan letter from someone who had simply loved Ashes Ashes and wrote to tell me about it.  It truly made my day.  I love fan mail and I answer all the letters I get.  It is such a bright spot for me as an author and I truly appreciate everyone who takes the time to write me.

So, maybe I will take that excitement from the fan letter and use it to get my fanny in gear and get these chapters ready.

Right after a snack and maybe a nap . . .

2 comments:

Debra Erfert said...

Haha! I already had my much needed nap. It was actually raining here. Can you believe that. It was wonderful!

You can do it! Those last few pages are nothing. But be ready for your crit group to beat you to death with your rolled up manuscript. You know how they are. Tip...wear multiple layers. And a bee keepers helmet.

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

You do seem to know my critique group well. That's why I want it to be perfect! I know I need to get to work. What would I do without you, Debra?

I'm jealous of your rainy weather. But I know we'll get ours soon enough. Can't wait. :)