Thursday, March 29, 2012

Meridian Magazine Published My Book Review!


I am so excited today because Meridian Magazine published my review of Jennie Hansen's new book, Heirs of Southbridge. Woohoo!

Now some of you might say, oh, pshaw, Julie, you're already a published author, why would a magazine article be that big of a deal to you?

And I would say, because this is Meridian Magazine! Meridian! One of the biggest LDS online publications. And honestly, anytime I'm published, whether in a book or a magazine, or wherever, I get that giddy feeling and I want to call all my friends to tell them so we can celebrate together.

So consider yourself called.

I know you all probably want to read this masterpiece yourself, with your very own eyes, so you should go here then come back to the blog and we'll break out the celebratory chocolate. If it's not too early for you of course. (If it is, I'll just sneakily eat mine until you're ready.)

Seriously, though, I'd like to thank Meridian Magazine for publishing my review and Jennie Hansen and Covenant Communications for giving me such a great book to review. It was a wonderful experience!

5 comments:

Sarah Tokeley said...

Congratulations Julie, I read the review and I love the sound of this book. You've sold me :-)

Also, it's never too early for chocolate :-)

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Sarah, you are a woman after my own heart! :)

Debra Erfert said...

For some reason it took a great deal of time for my computer to access your link, but after a little finagling I managed to find your review, and I even left a comment.

How fun it is to see your writing in such a big magazine, huh? Congratulations! I have some luscious strawberries in the fridge, and I will dip them in melted chocolate this afternoon. While my husband and I partake, I will think of you.

Melanie Goldmund said...

So cool! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Congrats!