Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Christmas Shopping---How Are You Doing?

I started Christmas shopping in late September because I have a large family and didn't want to break the family budget by buying everything in December. By Black Friday I was done with all my major purchases and I was feeling pretty proud of myself! Now I can relax in December, I said.

But December came, and now whenever I'm out running errands and I see a cute little gift I think, oh I should get that for so and so! Or one of my kids mentions something they wished they'd put on their list and I think, oh maybe I should try to grab that! So while I'm "done" I'm sort of not done. I mean, maybe Christmas shopping is like editing a book. For me, I really could go on editing for weeks and months and maybe even years. I finally just have to tell myself to stop. And from the looks of things, I really could go on Christmas shopping for weeks and months. It's probably time to just tell myself to stop, haha.

Are you ever like that? Adding little gifts here and there even though you're "done?"

No comments: