Monday, November 11, 2019

A Veterans Day Freebie For You!


I am so grateful to our military men and women who serve and sacrifice, my grandfather among them. Since most of my books involve the military, I've had the privilege of getting to know some service members while I research. One of my most treasured experiences was when I was put into contact with a Marine who was stationed in Iraq at the time. His unit would gather around the computer after they’d come in from their mission of disarming roadside IEDs and they would patiently answer all my questions. One of the things they told me during those sessions was that they missed having candy from home, like Skittles. So I arranged a Skittles for Soldiers food drive at all my booksignings and was able to collect 900 lbs of food and hygiene items for our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan---just to make sure our soldiers knew they weren’t forgotten and were appreciated. I will never forget how it felt to lift the spirits of those soldiers even if it was just with candy and supplies. I really hope this Veteran's Day, all our veterans know how much their service is appreciated. To honor them, I am giving away Ring Around the Rosie for free (you can download your free copy here) and offering Second Look at only .99 cents (you can get your sale copy here).

May we never forget.

No comments: