Thursday, May 30, 2019

YOU Matter!


I came across this quote on the internet today and it really struck me. How many times have we wondered if anyone would miss us if we didn't show up for school/church/mothers' group or whatever the activity is? How many times have you ever felt lonely and unloved?

If that is you, whether it's just today or an ongoing feeling, I want you to know that you matter.

YOU matter.

For all the little kindnesses you leave behind and don't think twice about, it matters to someone. You just never know when even just opening a door for someone or sending a quick message of encouragement will be the only good thing that happened to that person that day, and they will remember it. The tiniest actions can make a difference. I can't even tell you what it means to me to get a little message of encouragement from people who have enjoyed my books. It makes me feel like all the time and effort I put into my stories are worth it. When I'm at the grocery store with one item and the person in front of me with a full cart lets me go ahead of them or I get told someone likes my outfit, well, the whole day is brighter for me! Or even as a mother, when one of my kids will give me a random hug, my spirits are lifted because of that brief connection---whether it's with strangers or family. Those little moments are my bursts of happiness in a busy world and I remember them and the people who made them happen.

Don't underestimate your worth. Or what you mean to the people around you.

And give yourself a hug today. From me.

No comments: