Tuesday, October 4, 2016

My New Book Club!

Last month I started a neighborhood book club and it's been so fun! I have been invited to other book clubs and I just never found one that fit me. I read for entertainment and escape and a lot of book clubs read fiction that deals with heavier subjects or non-fiction.

So, I decided to start my own Happily-Ever-After Book Club!

We are going to read books that have happily-ever-afters and can be read in a day or two. Books that are fun and entertaining. They can deal with heavier subjects, of course, but still have to have the happily-ever-after ending. That's my one must-have requirement.

Last month, we read Sarah Eden's book, Kiss of a Stranger. Sarah was able to fit us into her schedule and actually came to our book club meeting and was amazing. (I talked about it in a previous post so I won't repeat myself, but needless to say, I love Sarah Eden books and she is just as fantastic as the fiction she writes.)


This month our book club picked Christy Barritt's novel Hazardous Duty to read since it's a bit spooky, but not scary. If you'd like to read along with us, you can download the book free on Kindle here

Here's the back copy:

Buying a gun to kill your wife: $3,000
Hiring Trauma Care to clean afterward: $1,500
Having that same cleaner uncover evidence that frames you: Priceless

On her way to completing a degree in forensic science, Gabby St. Claire drops out of school and starts her own crime scene cleaning business. When a routine cleaning job uncovers a murder weapon the police overlooked, she realizes that the wrong person is in jail. But the owner of the weapon is a powerful foe . . . and willing to do anything to keep Gabby quiet.

With the help of her new neighbor, Riley Thomas, a man whose life and faith fascinate her, Gabby plays the detective to make sure the right person is put behind bars. Can Riley help her before another murder occurs?
If you end up reading it, be sure to let me know what you think in the comment trail! (I wish you all lived close and could come to my house for book club, but online will have to do.)

Are you in a book club? What do you love about it?



No comments: